The DHMAT is fully committed to ensuring every child within the Trust receives a high-quality education, enabling each child to live life in all its fullness.
How does DHMAT support educational improvement?
DHMAT offers a dedicated academy improvement advisor to assist in all areas of teaching and learning.
The Central Team analyse each school under the Quality of Education framework and develop, in conjunction with the school, a package of support for the year.
This analysis enables each academy to reflect on their impact to date, celebrate achievements and map out future actions within a supportive and challenging framework.
Once priorities are decided upon the Trust employs external support as well as sharing expertise across the academies ensuring that each is providing the very best for each pupil.
Which areas will you support?
- Help with standardising self-evaluation
- Leadership support and coaching
- Subject leader development including training, including deep dive preparation
- Development planning support
- Curriculum monitoring
- Evaluation and development guidance
- INSET CPD tailored to school priorities
- Ensuring effective oversight of the quality of education and curriculum offer in every school.
- Disadvantaged pupils
- English as an additional language
- More able pupils
- Academy to academy collaborative networks
- Access to and information on education resources
- New Headteacher Induction / mentoring support
- Succession planning
- Support through the Ofsted process
- Safeguarding and wellbeing support.
If our school does not have areas of concern, will I get forgotten and not get my due level of support?
No. We have a system that works with schools to ensure that every schools need is met.
What capacity is there to expand school improvement in the Trust?
There is capacity, due to the number of skilled leaders within the Trust and the expertise that we are able to draw on externally. This is an important area for our development.
Will DHMAT impose schemes and processes on me?
Some aspects of the MAT’s work are streamlined where working together enables our whole team to flourish eg format of SDP and SEF. However, many other aspects of a school’s life eg curriculum organisation are led at a school level. The crucial factor is the impact of those processes and schemes on outcomes for children and on staff well-being.