HR and Legal
We recognise that people are our greatest asset and our ethos and values are the driving force behind ensuring our staff are valued and well managed.
What support do you offer?
HR support is included in the ‘top slice’ that the DHMAT. HR support is provided to schools on several levels – dedicated in-house support, operational and strategic HR advice from Shropshire County council and specialist legal HR advice.
All our staff have access to the Trust’s rewards package which includes discounts for an arrange of products and services, as well as a comprehensive well-being platform which includes free 24/7 confidential counselling and support.
What does this look like in practical terms?
- Operational, legislative and strategic HR advice
- Recognition of both Teachers (Burgundy book) and Support staff (Green book) conditions of service
- Family friendly policies and a comprehensive special leave allowance
- Performance management for headteachers and support for staff
- Competency procedures and processes
- Pre-employment checks and processes
- Managing attendance
- Apprenticeship training and support
- Restructure advice and support
- Guidance on reviewing job descriptions
- Recruitment processes including the Trust wide MyNewTerm platform which streamlines and promotes the recruitment of outstanding staff
- Sickness absence management support
- Onsite visits and casework
- CEO attendance at Headteacher’s Performance Management
- Negotiations with unions
- CPD/training opportunities for Local Academy Board members and staff
- Review of HR practice and disseminating best practice
- Advice and support to Headteachers and Local Academy Boards so they can carry out their responsibilities
- Access to specialist HR legal advisers
- Support with day to day HR queries
- Payroll and pension queries
- Staff contracts
- Support with any necessary staff re-structuring
- Support with staffing recruitment processes including attendance at interviews, if desired
- Supporting return to work initiatives
- Allegations against staff
- Managing disputes / capability / redundancies
- GDPR and data protection
- All policies relating to HR, legal and GDPR are centrally written and monitored.
- Advice on occupational health
- Emergency advice and support and in the event of a crisis can provide operational and media support, as appropriate