Joining Our Trust
Who are we?
We are a Church of England-led, multi-academy Trust, whose church and community schools are located within the boundaries of the Diocese of Hereford. We have provision for nursery, primary and secondary education. We are forward thinking and proud that our schools are stronger together.
Our Vision - A Light in the Hereford Diocese: Grace, Service & Family
In the field of education within our rural region we have a vocational mission of Grace and Service, which helps to support our families through education.
A Light of Grace - The Loving Parent
Seeing each single person through God’s eyes.
A Light of Service - The Good Shepherd
We exist to serve the children and families of our diocese by providing an inclusive and inspiring education.
A Light for Family - Togetherness
We recognise the importance of family life at the very heart of our diocese, especially for our children. We are a family of schools that supports family and community life in this place.
What do we do?
We are a strong Trust with a clear ethos. Our responsibility towards every member of our Trust, the wider family of schools in our area as well as the education system as a whole is clear and is set out in the Church of England’s ‘Vision for Education.’ Our focus is on:
- School improvement - evidenced through OFSTED, SIAMS and wider achievements
- Inclusion – of every pupil, member of staff, family and community within our Trust
- Workforce development – through training, leadership growth and building capacity
- Governance and Finance – demonstrated in effective systems and processes
- Local ‘value added’ - seen in the opportunities and partnerships that we grow
How do we do it?
Our approach to achieving our vision is built on our core strengths:
- Following the guiding ethos of the Church of England and its Vision for Education
- Nurturing the values of each individual school and keeping the Trust in their service, not vice versa
- Enabling collegiate, shared leadership, focused on the Executive Leadership Team of the Trust’s Headteachers, supported by the Central Team in order that all may flourish
Being part of a Church of England multi-academy trust is about more than the ‘business’ of education; it is about the ‘vocation’ of education and the calling to serve. Our role as a MAT is to serve the schools within our family to aid the growth of those within our community.